www.konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online mall. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of commerce and trade in Africa. We pride ourselves in empowering merchants, small to medium enterprises and larger companies in the e-commerce space in Nigeria.
The Technology team is focused on taking a startup engineering culture and moving towards a mature, world-class engineering competency. With a team consisting of 90 technologists in Lagos and 20 senior technologists in Cape Town, there is a fair amount of knowledge sharing required to get to the engineering excellence we are striving for.
As a Technology team member, you are expected to contribute to building a highly scalable e-commerce platform. We are currently able to successfully cater for just over 50 000 concurrent sessions and are looking to, as Africa's appetite for e-commerce grows, be able to comfortably serve 10-20 times this amount, concurrently. To get this right, we have to implement and enforce engineering best practices, coax and encourage others to follow the guidelines and essentially mentor people out of bad habits, protecting the technical integrity of what we are building, while simultaneously growing effective technologists within the greater team.
We have been growing our processes in our Development Pipeline for the last two years. We have gone from have zero code reviews to :
- Bitbucket Server (formerly Git Stash) and automated, enforced Peer Reviews
- Automated (pre-staging) feature branch builds (using Bamboo and integrated with JIRA)
- Automated deployments for staging and production (Continous Delivery or Continous Deployment options)
- Containerized development environments that are now moving to staging and production
- Server and application management with AWS Opsworks
- A DevOps team continuously improving this pipeline.
As a "newcomer" to the team, you will likely be exposed to serious expertise in :
- An ambitious micro-services project
- Progressive Web Apps
- Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Phalcon, Magento PHP
Our Hiring Process
Our interview process is short and sweet. One verbal interview with the two senior software engineers and an architect, immediately followed by a short discussion with the CTO. At this point it is time for a short, relevant written programming test.