What we do
We build products for ourselves and others. With a particular focus on education our success is built on the ability to bring people, process and technology together to allow us all to work and live better.
What you will do
- You will be awesome, always.
- You will put the client first, always.
- You will design, build, test, configure and release web and mobile applications using the most appropriate technology for the problem. You will not be a .NET developer, or a Rails developer. You will move between many languages and frameworks.
- You will help us build the best software development team by always identifying areas for improvement and proposing better ways of doing things.
- You will actively contribute to the programming community within Cape Town and the wider world.
What you are like
- You lead by example. Words are great. Actions are better.
- You take ownership. Once you’ve committed to something you get it done, whatever it takes.
- You have strong opinions and will argue in support of them. But you give 100% to an alternative approach if that is what the team decides.
- You are always learning. You recognise that at no point will you know everything. You understand you have never built the perfect product or written the perfect line of code. No one stays at number 1 by resting on their laurels.
- You don’t see boundaries. You aren’t a network engineer, but you help configure networks. You aren’t a customer support agent, but you provide excellent customer service. The words “that is not my problem” has no meaning to you.
What we are like
Our culture is about providing an environment in which people can reach their full potential with responsibility, integrity, creativity and team work. People are at the heart of everything we do. We highly value all our relationships with clients, employees, partners and the community. Each interaction is an opportunity to help people work and live better.
What does this mean for our clients?
Our clients are people, our users are people and we are people. We never lose sight of this fact. We deliver awesome service and products with integrity, transparency and respect. Our focus is on being a trusted partner of our clients, not just a service provider or vendor.
What does this mean for our employees?
We are all in this together. We are a team of highly motivated and creative people who work together to continuously improve ourselves and our fellow team members professionally and personally. We are DataDIGEST and the realisation of our potential is the force that drives DataDIGEST’s success.
What does this mean for our partners?
For our clients to receive awesome service we search for partners who share our values of integrity, responsibility, transparency and respect. We prefer partners who deliver awesome service over those with lowest price. We prefer partners who value people over those who value profit. We value our partner relationships and actively build them one interaction at a time by living our values.
What does this mean for the community?
We actively help communities to reach their full potential, especially in the education sector. We are involved in professional, digital and local communities. By living out our values and sharing our knowledge, skills and experience we help develop these communities and the individuals in them.
Our recruitment process
You are busy. We are busy. But we really want to get to know you. We’ll start that process with a 30 minute phone call to introduce ourselves and ask some questions about what you have done and want to do. We follow that up by asking you to complete a technical task in your own time which we will then review with you remotely. The last step is to bring you to our offices in Strand to spend time working on problems together, meeting the team and having lunch. At this point we are able to finalise our offer to you.