Causal Nexus is a growing startup, which specialises in realtime dynamic transactional systems within the banking, retail and payments environment.
Our mission is to make it easier for all South Africans to participate in the financial system.
The company comprises five team members, most of whom are seasoned engineers. Our culture is centered around:
- the design and rapid delivery of elegant software systems,
- strong customer service and finally, and
- conducting business with high integrity.
These three principals are our corner stones. All other aspects are secondary matters to us, which means that we are flexible around office hours, leave, technology, working location, etc.
At our company, you’ll learn a lot about software engineering and product development in a high availability distributed processing systems environment, which are not necessarily limited to payments alone.
Despite our small size, we have been able to challenge the juggernauts in the industry, and our long-term goal is to become leaders in the field. That said, we have no ambition to grow the business into a faceless corporation. We believe a group of 10-20 skillful engineers can give the incumbents a run for their money.
Naturally, top talent commands top dollar, and we are prepared to pay handsomely for great engineers.
Our hiring process is as follows:
- Initial informal phone call to determine whether it might be a good fit.
- Face-to-face interview in Johannesburg.
- Small software engineering test.
- Face-to-face with all the founders in Cape Town.